TuneList - Make your site Live

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Is it me or was it them?

I’m having a dilemma of whether or not should I ‘stand my grounds’,

Or just give in, take it all in and just let it subside through time.



…It’s really hard to be the youngest in a group of adults…



…Oh! I’m sorry.

I’m sure you are wondering what I am babbling about…

But I’m guessing you’ve already gotten some ideas of it had something to do with being a youngster…

For some of you who might know me or read my posts before,

You might have figured it out already that I like to talk and joke… a lot…

For those who didn’t, now you know…

I realized that since my usual talks were more to jokes,

My opinions were never much considered seriously by others, who are much older than me,

Even if I was being serious at that moment.

Yes, I know I joke a lot,

And that I’m much younger,

And don’t have much knowledge, experiences, or even much fact to back up the things that I’m talking about,

But, is it right, for them,

Who are supposed to be older,

Much more mature,

More knowledgeable,

And more experienced in life than me,

To just brush off my opinions as if it were mere jokes?

I know that I’m young,

That I’m still naïve and oblivious about some things in the world,

But shouldn’t I still have the rights to give opinions and be considered as an equal at some point?

On the contrary, my opinions on some things would always lead to arguments in which I would always need to relent in the end to them because of their reasons that;

“You don’t understand at all!”

“You just have to listen to me since I’m more experienced than you!”

“Grow up already of your childish thinking…”

“I have lived much longer than you, I know more about the life than you do!”

“You’re still too young to understand.”

How much older do I need to be to be considered an equal?

I’m already 18 for heaven’s sake!

How much longer do I still need to use others name as an excuse of my own reasoning on some things?

Can’t I just say, “I think…” rather than “I’ve heard from…” to have my opinions to be considered seriously?

How much longer do I need to always just take others opinions?

Even though some of my opinions were indeed the undeniable truth/fact or could be considered good opinions in the end?

Was it wrong for me to joke around and laugh too much?

Should I not have joked and laughed before?

Was it really entirely my own fault for it to be this way?

How should I know it’ll turn out this way if I’d be too overly “happy-go-lucky”…

I never intended it to be this way.



I guess I just proved to myself I was really still naïve, eh?

I guess I was not considerate enough.

I guess I shouldn’t be selfish of my own reasoning and be more understanding.

I guess I’m still too young.

I’m sorry for the ramblings;



I’ll try to be more mature next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment